Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 4

Wow, what a day! I woke-up at 4, because my shoot was moved to 6am. So I made the trek to the studio and got there right at 6 just in time to help unpack and set up all the props that I packed up yesterday. The makeup artist, hair dresser, manicurist, stylist, photographer, and catering all came and started setting up so the studio was very busy. Then the talent (the subject of the photo shoot) came at 7 and she went into hair and makeup and everything else in order to be picture perfect. Around 7:30 we discovered that we didn't have the correct diameter black rope that our boss wanted, so we are scrambling to find a hardware store that is open at 8 and sells black rope the size we need...after about 15 calls to stores we finally come up with a place, so that crisis was fixed. Finally around 9, the talent and photographer were ready to start the photo shoot. It was very cool, they blasted music in the studio and the camera started flashing. After watching the shoot for a little bit, my boss asked me and the other intern, Amy to go run errands for her. So we went to the enormous FAO Schwartz and got furniture for a doll house and then ran to another doll house store and bought more doll house furniture. Then I delivered the tiny furniture and picked up some things. All the while it is raining, so it was pretty miserable on the streets. Then I went back to the office and worked on pulling props for the shoot tomorrow. I pulled and packed 45 various colored pillows and also worked some more on a website I am making for a client. Finally, after 11 1/2 hours of work, I got on the subway and came back to my apartment. Tomorrow, I go into work at 11 and run some errands in Manhattan and then I have to be at the shoot at 1.
-Soho Summer Girl

1 comment:

  1. You're going to be a pro at getting around! I still can't believe they are letting you run around New York like you're a grown up or something ;) Sneak peek of this website you're making? Hope you have a great day tomorrow/today.
    Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete