-Soho Summer Girl
Friday, July 30, 2010
Day 25
So I was too tired last night to blog but, it was an exciting day so I am writing about it now. So I got on set at 8 am for Allure magazine. We were shooting in a really fancy loft on the west side and everyone on set was really nice. Allure wanted to do a piece on famous hairstylists and their signature looks so we were taking the pictures of the 7 different stylists and the models with their signature hair style. Yesterday we did two men. The morning shoot wasn't too eventful, I made a run to a drugstore to get tape and glass cleaner. The shoot went smoothly and it didn't take the photographer too long to get his picture, around 12 we left that location and moved to another apartment. The afternoon shoot was a blast! I ate some lunch and then went straight to work setting up the room for the shoot. We had some wall papered-panels we put up as well as a lot of little decorative props. Once we had set up, we had like 45 minutes until the model would be out of hair and make-up and so we were just sitting around when the photographer was like, "Hey, would you be my model?".....of course! So I got to pose around the room and he changed lighting and we came up with poses that the model could do. It was so much fun and I got to look at the whole roll he took afterwards. When the model came up the photographer told her to talk to me about poses, so I got to direct the model and tell her where to stand and how to pose. Her shots were absolutely gorgeous and I cant wait to see what picture they end up putting in the magazine, maybe it will be one of my poses! I loved working with the photographer and he asked me to stay on set and help move things around. It was another long day but by far the best photo shoot I've been on just because I was so involved in the shots. Look out for November Allure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment