-Soho Summer Girl
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Day 16
A crazy day! I had to be on set at 9:30 for an American Vogue photo shoot. We were shooting around Madison Avenue in the Upper East Side along all the high-end shops. The photographer was the famous Steven Klein! So I got to the set at 9:30 and I am immediately put to work running errands. The first thing I had to do is go to the UPS to get boxes and packing tape. I then went to CVS to look for brown craft paper and twine, but didn't find either, so I went to Duane Reade (another drugstore) and found twine but not brown craft paper. Sooo, then I went to Papyrus and didn't find what I was looking for so I tried Kate's Paperie and was finally successful. I bought 6 yards of brown craft paper and some bags. Then I brought all these purchases back to set and got sent back out because Mary wanted more of the bags I picked up. I went back to Kate's Paperie and got more bags and went Papyrus to get even more bags. Then I ran to AT&T to get Mary an iPhone charger for her car. I then went back to set and gave Mary everything. She sent me back to Duane Reade to get manila envelopes and more bags and I brought them back and there was a problem with the charger I got for her iPhone and so I had to go back to AT&T and find a charger that actually worked. Once I brought that back I went to Gracious Homes and got beach towels and beach blankets. But the Gracious Homes on 3rd ave didn't have one of the colors Mary wanted so I had to go to the Gracious Homes on Broadway and pick up the teal towels. I brought all of those back to set and by this time the shoot had started and so I watched for a little while and helped with props. But it wasn't long before I was back out on the streets running errands. We were using 2 little dogs on set and Mary didn't like the leashes they were using so I had to run to a Petco really fast and buy matching black leashes and collars. I brought them back and put them on the dogs and played with them for a while. Mary had ordered a S550 white Mercedes with red interior with a driver in a tux for the shoot, however we didn't end up using him, so not wanting money to go to waste Mary suggested I take the car to finish running my errands. So I said goodbye to walking and the dirty subway and climbed into my luxury vehicle with personal chauffeur complete with tux. It was a blast. We went to FAO Swartz and I didn't find what I was looking for so we drove to the Toys R Us in Times Square, the one with the Ferris wheel in it. I found what I needed and then we dropped them back off at the set. When I got back Mary told me she wanted more of what I got at the Toys R Us and so I got back in the car and we went back and I got more, and when I was done I walked out of the store and my car was sitting there and the driver in his tux opened the door for me and everyone in Times Square was like, "Who is that famous person?" and this man started taking pictures of me and the car and the driver in his tux. It was funny and we played it off well and in the car the driver and I were laughing about it. So from then on we made a big deal every time we stopped somewhere. At one point we went back to Duane Reade and we pulled up outside the drugstore and the driver opens the door for me and I walk into the store and buy scissors and tape and a little girl asked me if I was a movie star. I was like "Unfortunately no". After that Mary released me and instead of taking the subway home, the driver offered to drive me back to my apartment even though he was done for the day. So I went home in style. Later I met a friend from Dallas for dinner at a great authentic Mexican restaurant in Soho. A busy but fun day in the Upper East Side!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are living the life! I might have to sell all my Carla Santini pictures on ebay since you're getting so popular ;)
ReplyDeletelove you hales
ReplyDelete