Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 10

Sorry its been a while! I've certainly been busy. Well today I got to the studio at 10 and immediately left to go back to Manhattan to pick up fashion show invitations, to use as props for a photo shoot. I then took the train back to the studio and dropped off the invitations and was given a long list of things to shop for. So I was out all day long! It rained all day today and when it rains in New York, it is so gross. So my first stop was a costume shop called Ricky's and I picked up a bunny mask. Then I got back on the train to go to a specialty light shop. The subway was so unbelievably crowded today, just because it was raining and so everyone was using the trains instead of walking. So I got off at Union Square which a busy stop in the first place. The exit I was using happened to have an awning over it and since it was raining all these people without umbrellas were crowded under the awning. So I in a huge mob of people trying to push my way out of the subway and people are trying to get into the subway and everyone is in every one's way. I am shoved up against two people and I cant move and all the sudden I feel scratching on my arm so I look down and there is a HUGE rat scratching my arm!! This man was holding the rat in his arms and I was pushed up against it and I didn't even notice! So I jumped back and the man was like "Oh, sorry miss this is just my pet rat". I was like get it away from me! So gross! After that I made it to the light store and I purchased tons and tons of red lights for a photo shoot, next I was off to Bed Bath and Beyond. I got back on the train but when I walked down to the platform, there was a man in a penguin suit and another man in a pink gorilla suit playing instruments. It was very strange, you see all kinds of crazy things on the New York subways! I made it the Bed Bath and Beyond and the one I went to on 6th Ave is so enormous, I couldn't believe it. I wandered around for such a long time but made it out with 2 big wedge pillows and an electric carving knife. Some strange purchases today. I hailed a cab because I had had too much of the trains for one day. I dropped all the stuff off at the studio and then got sent back out into the world to go and pick up an order for a photo shoot that is happening tomorrow morning. I went and picked up tons and tons of fabric from this very very cool studio and took it to the studio where the photo shoot is tomorrow. Then I headed home and made myself dinner. A busy and tiring day. Tomorrow I am back in the studio!
-Soho Summer Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment