Today was an interesting day! I said goodbye to Leah this morning as I left for work. I am
officially on my own in the big city....yikes. Once again the trusty New York subway failed me this morning. I got on my downtown F train just fine but at East Broadway the train stopped. We sit in the subway for about 5 minutes then the conductor comes on the speaker and tells us there has been a power outage and all the downtown trains were stopped. We aren't at a stop so there is no place for us to go, and people are starting to freak out. After 45 minutes we manage to get to a stop and then it was another 15 minutes before they opened the doors. They told everyone to get off the subway and figure some other way to go. Of course the F train is the only way to work for me and I have no idea any other way to get to work using the subway so I had to take a cab. The subway stopped at the last stop in Manhattan so I had to take a taxi all the way across to Brooklyn. It was quite an adventure and I was an hour late to work! But it was okay because everyone trying to get to Mary Howard's was stranded on the subway. Once I finally got to work, I learned that we are doing a shoot tomorrow morning and we needed to get everything ready for that. So I ordered decking for the shoot and then pulled all the props and packed them for the shoot. Then I worked on creating 2 websites full of possible props for 2 clients. That took several hours but I finished both websites. I made several phone calls to companies and sent some faxes. Tomorrow will be my first day on set! I have to be at the location at 6:30 AM! The shoot is from 6:30-11:00, so it will be a very long day on my feet.
Wish me luck!
-Soho Summer Girl
No comments:
Post a Comment